Monday, February 28, 2011

Non-Slip Pet Placemats

A new product idea was given to me by the illustrious Colleen Dean: Pet Placemats!  I was so excited for a fresh idea, I dragged the kids out right before their bed time to get some fabric for a prototype.  The only problem is, I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to fabric.  I usually hate Joann Fabric and their horrible monopoly on the suburban fabric supply, like a hippy in the 60s hated the "Man", but they actualy had some good stuff!  I couldn't decide on what to get.  I still can't.  This is why I need help....

Anyway, here are the prototypes.  The fish was a disaster (in my opinnion).  I need to either scrap the fish or totally redesign it.  The fabric is a heavy weight cotton home decor material, with a non-slip backing. 
Bone Mats Measure (at largest parts) 25" x 15"
I don't know about you, but I can't stand my dog bowls don't fit on a placemat or other ugly piece of plastic or fabric.  And even if you do get them to fit, the mat is always sliding around.  Problem solved.  Tests still have to be done on machine washability.  I'm 80% sure they will be able to be thrown in the washer on a cold setting.  I'll let you know.

What do you guys think?  What colors/patterns would you like to see?

Thanks!  And keep the good ideas coming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment