Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cans of Beans, Power parking, and Grrrrrrr

I told myself I wasn't going to blog all the time...especially about the snow, but the retardedness of the people in the New York Metro Area needs to be addressed.  (Present followers excluded, of course!)  At the site of one snowflake, there is a mad "slowness" to the local Supermarket.  I would use the correct term of "mad rush", but apparently it must be state mandated that you have to drive 5 miles an hour in your all wheel drive vehicles.  Anyway, back to the supermarket.  I have literally seen lines from the checkouts all the way to the back of the store.  Of course all carts are filled to the top with bottled water, cheese in a can, crackers, cans of beans...you know, the essentials of Armageddon.  Reallly, people???  I wish i had my camera to show you all this phenomenon.

Then today.  Two days after the last snow.  There is virtually no parking because of all the power parking being done across two spots.  I guess they don't want their doors hitting a little bit of soft frozen water?  Again, I really wish I had my camera. You know, people mocked me for getting a Beetle, but this thing goes places where no one (in CT, at least) has gone before...in a parking spot half covered in snow.  It's actually quite awesome because I keep getting front row spots.  They should think of calling the Beetle an ATV.

I really don't know what else to add other than...Grrrrrrrr!  I'm sure there will have to be another blog where I rant about how rude these people are around here.  But that's for another time and another mindset.

Does anyone else have these problems or other ones?  I know we have some NC and FL people representing.  I hope not, though!  I have high hopes that there are places where the parking is plentiful and the speed limit is followed....

No comments:

Post a Comment